Pelican Phantom 4 case
The Pelican Phantom 4 case is here!!
Sometimes it’s really easy to get excited about something and this one of those times.
For years Pelican cases have been, and still are, the gold standard in camera cases. Made of high impact structural Copolymer Polypropylene, they are nearly indestructible, watertight, dust-proof and guaranteed for life. And those are just some of the reasons we’ve been using them for years already.
This new case has laser cut-outs to hold the Phantom 4, with a battery in it, plus 3 additional batteries. It also as a special slot for an iPad/Android tablet and of course one for the remote controller. Aside from that there is space for extra propellers (2 sets) as well as for cables. There is also enough space for our filters so we can take everything we need with us in this Pelican Phantom 4 case when we’re moving around.
One of the really cool things about the Pelican Phantom 4 case is the way the battery slots have been cut out. Although they have been cut for the Phantom 4 batteries they are also a perfect fit for Phantom 3 batteries. All you have to do is put them in sideways (see picture below). Great creative design by Pelican which makes this case perfect for both versions of the Phantom.
Unlike the Kozaam backpack we didn’t even bother putting this Pelican case in the shower. Pelican cases have been protecting our cameras for years in all kind of conditions and there is no reason to think this Pelican Phantom 4 case will be any different.
The measurements make it suitable for carry on with most airlines (check here for individual airline size restrictions).
The case has a soft foam insert that supports the camera so you don’t have to worry about it bouncing around. It also has special cut-outs for the propellers at the top so you can transport your Phantom 4 (or Phantom 3) ready-to-fly.
Now let’s get to the specs:
– Fits up to 4 x DJI Phantom 4 batteries or 4 Phantom 3 batteries (one in Phantom), a charger, spare propellers, and various accessories
– Press & Pull Latches
– O-Ring Waterproof Seal
– Double-layered, Soft-grip Handle
– Two Padlockable Hasps
– Vortex Pressure Equalization Valve
– Impact Absorbing Corners
– Chemical-resistant, Corrosion-resistant, Airtight, Watertight, Dust proof, Crush proof
– Interior Dimensions: (L x W x D): 20.00″ x 14.00″ x 7.70″ (50.8 x 35.5 x 19.6 cm)
– Lid Depth: 2.00″ (5.1 cm) Bottom Depth: 5.70″ (14.5 cm) Interior Cubic Volume: 1.25 cubic feet (35.33 cubic decimeter)
– Approximate weight with foam: 12lbs Buoyancy Max: 79.81 lbs (36.2 kg) Range Temperature: -20 / 140° F (-29 / 60° C)
cables and filters
Before you leave, subscribe to our newsletter. That way we can let you know when we release new content so you don’t have to come back and check all the time.
If you need a bigger case check out this wheeled one by Case Club. Or if that one is not right for you either find lots of other cases on Amazon as well: